Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Party. party, party! It's Launch Day for Author Neil Harris




It's party day today because Neil Harris' first novel, Joshua’s Tree, was released by Muse It Up Publishing today. Readers, leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Neil’s e-book. Neil, tell us about your debut novel. This must be an exciting day for you!



Thanks for having me over for a chat, Suzanne! Joshua’s Tree is a science fiction novel suitable for teens and older. When a skateboarding accident hurls 17-year-old Joshua Tyler into a dismal future overrun by flesh-eating mutants, he taps into the strength and courage hidden within him and manages to stay alive, only to discover his horrifying relationship to the scientific genius who brought all life on Earth to the brink of annihilation. 


Aided by Nadia, a beautiful warrior student who believes he may be the prophesied savior sent to rescue her people, Josh learns to fight for survival. Terrified by the constant threat of a violent death, Josh wants nothing more than to get back to his own life. But the longer he survives in this strange place, the more he learns about its creation. Charged with the job of assassinating the enemy’s leader, Josh begins to uncover his connection to the army of cannibalistic monsters—a nightmarish truth that could prevent him from ever finding his way home.

Wow! That sounds like something any teenaged boy would love. I think I’ll pass it onto my near-teen son once I’m done reading it myself. Tell us how it is you came about that you became an author. What was your journey? And do you have a day job?

I’ve always loved art, in any form. From an early age I was writing, painting and sculpting while other kids were playing video games. I have also always been a voracious reader and love science and martial arts. After my daughter was born, I began taking my writing more seriously and joined the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and a critique group. Over the next seven years, I worked on improving my craft, wrote several novels, and queried hundreds of agents and publishers. Last fall, I finally got it right and found my publisher! My day job—I am a real estate agent and a property manager—not near as exciting as writing, but it pays the bills until I hit the New York Times Best Seller’s List. ;-) 

So what’s in the future? Are you working on anything right now?

Yes, I’m always working on something. Writing is like an addiction for me, I have to put a few words down everyday. I’m currently working on edits for The Father, Book Two of the Joshua’s Tree Trilogy (December 2013, MuseItUp Publishing) and writing the first draft of The Truth, Book Three of the Joshua’s Tree Trilogy

Wow! That’s really neat. Now tell us where we can find your book. And while you’re at it, do you have a website, and FB page?


And you can find Joshua’s Tree at Amazon.com,and barnes and noble

My website and blog is www.nwharrisbooks.com and you can find me on Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/neil.harris.7121

Neil, it’s been just awesome talking to you. I’m always so pleased to meet authors of books boys and young men will love. Keep on writing! Readers, don’t forget to leave a comment to win a copy of Neil’s e-book. And have a great day, Neil. I'm sure you're just dancing!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats Neil! Happy dancing with you. This book should be on everyone's summer reading list.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I have to thank Marion Sipes for the cover art. She is truly gifted.

      Delete
  3. Congrats Neil. Book launch day - enjoy it!
    Great cover!
    Heather G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Book launch day at last.
      Sigh.
      Smile til' my face hurts.
      Then it's back to work. :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your release, Neil! I wish you the best with Joshua's Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Neil, this is a millionaire moment. May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! I love the excitement of it all. Really motivates me to write more.

      Delete
  6. Geez, your little guy is cute. How old is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's six and he is adorable. My kids are wonderful, they make me believe in magic and the power of the imagination.

      Delete
  7. Hey, I started reading your book last night. It's really good.

    ReplyDelete