Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Holy Space Creature! Country's Been Abducted By Aliens!

It's Release Day! Whoot, whoot! I’m pleased and excited to interview Sharon Willett on the day of the release of her second middle grade novel, Country Captured! I just loved her first one, Country and the Rock, about a boy alien who crash lands on Earth and hangs out with the guys. But this one, is far more interesting as Sharon weaves a most fascinating story creating an extraordinary and imaginative world in outer space. Readers, leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Sharon Willett’s e-book.


Sharon, welcome again to my blog. Please tell us more about Country Captured.


Suzanne, thank you for your friendship and this opportunity. Country Captured is the second book in the Country Trilogy. Sean (Country) is taken as trading material by the thieving aliens from Venatici. He escapes, but not until they reach the planet Sory in the Whirlpool Galaxy. A war between the Sorians and Venaticians ensues. Can Country save the underground city and stop the destruction of his only way off the planet? He’s the only one that knew of the plan. He must prevail.

I just love it. I can only begin to imagine how your imagination ran overtime on this one. Were you waking up in the night with ideas?

My library is full of non-fiction books on space. If I haven’t read the sci-fi book, I’ve seen the movie. Well, that’s a slight exaggeration. Ancient Aliens is always taped. I love Science Fiction and have always been intrigued by the thought outer space.

I write with a very open plot outline. My characters get into very strange situations and I then have to think of a way to get them out or keep them busy. Like what do you do on the way to another planet? You’ve got days to keep that character busy. Well, I gave Country plenty to do and he loved it. You’ll be surprised.

I do have to admit when I get stuck I ask my husband, Gordon for ideas. Even if I don’t use his idea it always seems to help get me out of the mire.

So what’s next? Is there a third book in this series?

Country Unleashed is the third book in the series. Book three begins where two left off. Country can’t leave because all transportation off the planet is damaged.  There is a Venatician girl that he tries to protect, fields of crops that are weak, a strange new world to understand and a game that allows them to jump in time and space. Country finds out there are more Veneticians still on Earth and they are taking down the Rocky Mountains in search of dinosaur fossils. He doesn’t consciously know it, but he has the answer that might make them leave our planet.

The personal thread in throughout the series is Country’s rocky relationship with his dad. This is a problem many young men have with their fathers. I try to let the reader see both sides.

Where can we buy your e-book?

The only and best place it is available, at the moment, is through the publisher MuseItYoung at the link below. Hurry to get the discount.


As I promised here is the unveiling of my very first book trailer. The use of storyteller techniques makes it a bit unusual, but by giving the link in a letter to schools, organizations, and conventions they will see a tiny portion of my presentation. I’ll let you know if it gets me in front of kids.


Sharon, it was wonderful interviewing you. As you know, I gave your book a five-stars on Amazon. Looking forward to the next one. Readers, don’t forget to leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Sharon Willett’s novel, Country Captured or Country and the Rock.

I’m forever grateful, Suzanne, and thank you all for stopping in.

25 comments:

  1. Suzanne, it looks like you had a fun time creating a story using your interest in sci-fi. Sharing your enthusiasm undoubtedly makes a good read!
    Good luck,
    Loren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean Sharon, right? But yes, she has quite an imagination.

      Delete
  2. Loren, being passionate about what you write does make a difference. My main goal in my writing is to excite kids and keep them turning pages. I want to reach that reluctant reader.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, this book sounds fabulous! I love the cover! I always send these on to my grandson who loves to read. I think he would really enjoy this one.
    Penny Estelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte Volnek did this cover. She is awesome. I had her redo the cover of my first book COUNTRY AND THE ROCK for the print version. The pictures of the boy on each cover are close in resemblance. Amazing, that she takes extra time for the smallest of details. She's in the same critique group I am, so it helps that she's read the books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview, Sharon and Suzanne! Sharon your book sounds EXCITING! Best wishes for it!

    Susan Bernhardt
    The Ginseng Conspiracy coming 1/14
    www.susanbernhardt.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for the second book in the series. If the second is better than the first, we are in for a fabulous read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, Thanks for stopping in. Hope you'll read it.

    Gail, it will be out tomorrow. My grandson is the only one so far that likes the first one better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzanne, you have a great blog. It was so fun being here with all of these wonderful people. I hope you'll have me back when book three comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, every story sounds quite exciting. I love the cover pictured above, too. I think it's great that you have the kids excitement in mind when you write. They need to read more! ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine,

      It's the cover that pulls them in, but then I have to keep them happy once they've started. Reading is crucial. I can't wait to do more school visits. They really get excited about reading when you get them pumped up. It doesn't look like a link, but click on the long line of orange symbols to see the StoryTelling technique I use.

      Delete
  10. Best wishes to you, Sharon, on release of your second book in the series. What an imaginative and exciting story. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thing I love about her stories, is that they're not too long, so kids will want to read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short chapters with a lot of dialogue give the kids a sense of accomplishment.

      Suzanne, I'm having trouble with Yahoo Mail. They need a complete overhaul. :) Glad I can come here with no problem.

      Delete
  12. Wow, seems I've been missing the party while I was across the border today.Good thing I brought some taco chips with tex mex dip. Can you please pass me some vino, por favor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy release day, Sharon! Your book trailer is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Release Day, Sharon. This is such an exciting time for an author. I view of your young readers, I'll raise my glass of ... juice, coke... to you and wish you the very best in sales. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanne poured too much vino in my glass. I slept in that comfy chair in the corner for just a second and missed the toast from Wendy. Heather, I'm glad you liked the trailer. This has been such a nice get together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! All the buzz about your book has me pumped up about it too!!! Thrilled for you, Sharon. Your imagination knows no bounds. Best wishes on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you made it J.Q. I'll check with Suzanne to see if there's any food left. LOL

      Delete
  17. Sorry about that, Sharon. I guess I gave you the 23 proof!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sharon...Suzanne...love the interview and absolutely love this series of Sharon's - Country Rocks *grins* His story is such a 'boy' adventure in sci-fi...I would have loved an adventure like this as a kid;) Many successes Sharon...you too, Suzanne;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that you stopped in, Sue. You do know this story inside and out. Thank you for always being there for me!. BUT I have bad news. You missed the drawing Wendy won.
    I know you are one busy lady, so thanks again!

    ReplyDelete