Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Buffy Andrews - The Amazing Wonder Woman!


Meet my colleague Buffy Andrews. She is an author, blogger, journalist and social media maven. 


By day, she’s a journalist, leading an award-winning staff at the York Daily Record/Sunday News (York, Pennsylvania, USA), where she is Assistant Managing Editor of Features and Niche Publications and social media coordinator.

By night, she’s an author, writing women’s fiction, young adult and middle grade. Brings to mind Wonder Woman!


In addition to her writing blog, Buffy’s Write Zone, she maintains a social media blog, Buffy's World.  She is also a newspaper and magazine columnist and writes middle-grade, young adult and women's fiction. Check out her author page.

She lives in southcentral Pennsylvania with her husband, Tom; two sons, Zach and Micah; and wheaten cairn terrier Kakita.


Readers if you leave a comment at the end of this blog, you may win a copy of her latest novel!
.
Buffy’s latest book:



Our lives are often connected in ways we never would have imagined...

Two babies; two very different upbringings. 


First there is Sarah: raised by her loving grandmother, but neglected by her own father who views her as the instrument of her mother’s death. She will lead a hard life, searching to belong and to be loved.

Then there is Olivia, surrounded by love, nurtured and adored by her parents, a golden child with a golden future.

When Sarah’s life is cut tragically short and she is assigned to record the moments of Olivia’s life as her Moment Keeper, their lives become intertwined.

Sarah is able to overcome the heartbreak of her own lost years and Olivia is able to deal with a future that isn’t nearly as golden as what she had planned – or is it?


Other books:

Upcoming titles:
The Yearbook Series: Sue and Tom (coming soon)
The Lion Awakens YA (2014)
Ella’s Rain YA/crossover (2014)
Freaky Frank MG (2014)

Connect with Buffy



Five quick questions

Q. What do you do when you need to think or are stuck in your writing?
A. I run. For some reason it frees my mind and I often find that it provides the clarity and direction I need.  


Q. Are you one of those people who stop writing while you know what’s coming next?
A. Absolutely. Just like Hemingway. Does it always work out? No. But it’s what I aim for.


Q. First person or third?
A. It depends. I write in both. And sometimes, as in The Yearbook Series, I write alternating POVs.


Q. Coffee or tea?
A. Coffee -- a lot of it!


Q. What are you most proud of?
A. My sons and the fine young men they have become. 

There you have it, folks! The amazing Buffy Andrews. Watch for her newest book, Freaky Frank, coming out soon from Muse It Up Publishing. And be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of her latest ebook! 



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely ingerview, Suzanne and Buffy! I enjoyed reading the blurb for your novel, Buffy. It sounds an intriguing story. Best of luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! The Moment Keeper sounds like a great concept. And your dog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that's not my dog. I'm not sure where Suzanne got that picture, but he does look just like that. Here's a link where I talk about the story and the inspiration behind it: http://buffyswritezone.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-moment-keeper-how-this-idea-became.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Buffy, my head is whirling from just reading all that you do. Do you live in an alternative universe with a 72 hour day?
    If so, can I have directions please?
    Thanks,
    Loren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LRS. You have won a copy of Buffy Andrew's book. Could you please contact me at sfierymountain@gmail.com?

      Delete
  5. Wow! Wonder Woman is right! This woman also doesn't sleep, but she does have a precious pup! I'd wish you luck, but you seem to have that along with talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Marsha I do sleep but I don't get nearly enough!

    @ LR S You make me smile about the alternative universe. Actually, The Lion Awakens involves a parallel universe. You will have to read it when it comes out in 2014.

    And guys, whoever wins the ebook, great. But it's also on sale right now for $1.59 so even if you don't win, you can get a deal.

    Thank you for all your support. I really appreciate it. And I hope that you consider picking up one of my books. Many blessings, Buffy

    ReplyDelete