Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Friday, December 6, 2013

26 and Never Been Kissed! The Chick Lit We've All Been Waiting For!

It's finally happened! My good friend, April Erwin, has finally launched her fabulous novel, Dysfunction Junction! I'm so excited. You know why? Because apart from the fact that it's a great novel, I helped critique it as she wrote it. I cried along with the heroine, I triumphed along with her, and I hated the jerk in the story. And I know you will too. 




So how are you feeling, April, on the day of your launch?

Very excited, Suzanne. It's certainly a different road from when I published my first novel.

Well, don't leave us hanging in suspense. Tell us what it's about.


Sure. Here's the blurb.

“I’m twenty-six and I’ve never been kissed.” Staring into the bathroom mirror while making this brilliant comment is supposed to make it feel real. It doesn’t.
Finding true love these days feels impossible to Kianna Ravencamp, only dysfunction surrounds her. Her sister’s married to an abusive husband and marriages she’s admired for years are falling apart. Maybe relationships like her parent’s don’t exist anymore. She dreams of true love and a family, but she’s never even been kissed.
For her birthday, her best friend gives her a journal and dares her to follow her dream of songwriting and vocal lessons quickly follow. Kianna’s finally dared to dream big… if the three men in her life don’t get in her way.
Nick Steele, her new vocal partner is flirtatious and charming. Derek Simpson, the new vocal coach is asking her out for coffee. Even Jason Payne, a childhood friend is acting odd. For the first time in her life, she will have to navigate dating and flirtation. Will her inexperience be her downfall? How will these relationships affect her songwriting career? Letting go and trusting God is the only answer that brings the path to real love and success.

I love it! Do you have a booktrailer?
I do and here it is.

Embed Code -

So, tell us about the other books you've written.

My first published novel, Missing Pieces, published in September 2003 with Trafford. It’s a Christian YA novel about adoption and finding the Gospel. I’ve also written a suspense novel that is in revisions and other novels in various stages of progress.

In addition to writing novels, I’ve also written several children’s books. My mother is currently illustrating one titled Creation’s Ballad and in the future I will be publishing it independently.

I’m also a song writer and I’ve recorded several songs with my sister, Angel, who is also sometimes my co-songwriter. It’s a blast. All of the songs in Dysfunction Junction, including “Rain on Me” are originals. 

What are you working on at the moment? / What's your next project?


I’m currently working on the sequel to Dysfunction Junction. This is Alexa Fehr’s story, and she has quite a story to tell! There may be romance ahead, but there are also a lot of big life changes that will be putting her faith to the test.

Tell us a little about your life. 



Well, I have a motto. Dream big, be bold, no fear! I've been a lifelong resident of Independence, MO. I love living in my hometown surrounded by family and my Cocker Spaniel, Buddy. I was raised in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and am thrilled to achieve my dream to become a writer and use that to witness of my Christian faith. I hold an Associate in Graphological Science, the study of handwriting analysis, tutor dyslexic and reading challenged individuals, enjoy photography, and am a singer/songwriter. I've recorded original music with my sister, Angel.

Wow, you've done it all! Where can we get your book. I know, I'm sure as heck going to buy one.



And what are your links?


Thank you, April! It's so great to see this book finally come out. I've been waiting a long time. I know for a fact that anyone who reads this book will just love it as I did. Congratulations!

Thanks, Suzanne. It's been a pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Suzanne! It's so great to be here and have a chance to meet new readers. :) And let me tell you people, Suzanne deserves a lot of props for all her help in the rough edit process. She's a peach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April. I'm going to buy your book right now.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, April! Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete