Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

First The Best Bad Date and now The Best Bad Christmas Gift, Addison James' Newest Release!



Last time, I talked about April Erwins’ awesome chick lit, Dysfunction Junction. This time, I’ll introduce you to Addison James’ romantic comedy entitled The Best Bad Date. If you haven’t giggled and giggled during this one, you will. But what’s even better is today is the release of the sequel. The Best Bad Christmas Gift. And for one lucky person who leaves a comment, you might win a copy of one of her e-books. Addison, welcome to my blog. It’s a pleasure to have you here.
 
Hi Suzanne, it’s great to be here! Thanks for inviting me.


Could you please tell us about The Best Bad Date?

Of course! The Best Bad Date is about a first date when everything that could go wrong does go wrong, but with happy results.  It’s not based on personal experience! It’s the story of Susan Wells. Her best friend practically cashes in her retirement to buy a date with the hunky Doctor Roger Lane at a charity bachelor auction. I’m a firm believer that you see what a person is really like in how they handle adversity. Well, both Susan and Roger face a lot of drama that first night. 


How fun. Tell us about The Best Bad Christmas Gift. It sounds intriguing.

Oh! Intriguing is the word! Well, Susan’s best friend is at it again. She decides Susan and Roger need to spice things up so she gives her a pair of pink handcuffs! Much to Susan’s dismay, I shall add. But, it leads to some revelations between Roger and Susan, and their relationship is all the stronger for it.  I do want to add the story is PG-13 rating although it sounds like R! I have teenagers at home, so I won’t write anything that I wouldn’t let them read!


Great idea. I have the same rule at my house. Addison, you sound like very fun person writing stuff like this. What’s your life like? What do you do?

I wish I could say I was a size 2 heiress with a super model husband. I wasn’t sure how to answer this, so I asked my older teen daughter. She said I should say I’m Oscar Wilde only better looking-lol. I actually have a very analytical day job. Writing is my creative outlet. 

Also, I’ve reached the age when I realized that no diet is worth saying no to the perfect tiramisu. I traveled to Ireland with my girls and did a candy bar taste test. I mean, how can you buy your groceries and have to choose just one candy bar when there is about a dozen you’ve never tried before? We had a bacon taste test, too. Chocolate and bacon. Love Ireland.

Hahaha! That’s hilarious. So are you having a big party tonight to celebrate the release of the new book? (I’ll be right over if you are.)

You know, the release date is Friday the 13th. I feel obliged to have a party. C’mon over! Bring bacon! And chocolate! Dark, please.

Addison, could you please send us your purchasing links so my readers can buy your e-book?

And my Muse It Up link:

And while you’re at it, could you give us your other links so we can visit your website, or like your FB page?

Here you go:
Web:   http://addisonjwriter.com/
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/addison.james.9083
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/+AddisonJames
Facebook Author page: https://www.facebook.com/addisonjwriter
Twitter: @addisonj_writer
GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4959100.Addison_James
Amazon:   http://www.amazon.com/Addison-James/e/B005EOQGWS/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1/177-4638302-4815305

Addison, it’s been a pleasure having you. I wish you the best of luck with your new book. I’m sure it’ll be a hit. Readers don’t forget to leave a comment for a chance to win one of Addison James’ e-books.

Thank you so much! It’s been a pleasure.


22 comments:

  1. I've bought the best bad date but this time of year has got away from me but it's in my January reading pile. Can't wait to read it. I buy books I like when I see them because later I can't always remember the name, and I have do many half started lists it isn't funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean; I think my To Be Read list on GoodReads has several hundred entries. Waiting to get socked in by a blizzard to have time to read; which will be along wait since I'm in San Francisco! Hope you enjoy the books!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the release, Addison. Sounds like a fun read. I'll FB and Tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'll come with chocolate and strawberries and perhaps some wine. Not a fan of champagne. Your book sounds interesting.
    We will be toasting together on Friday December 13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squeal! It's Friday the 13th on the east coast now, and I just noticed my book is on amazon now. Hope yours is too. Can I come to your party? ;)

      Delete
  4. No, I don't care for champagne either. But I do have some taco chips and Tex Mex Dip. And heated chips to boot! Notice my Mexican chef, Carlos? Say hello, Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your latest release, Addison! Both books sound super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Addison, both you and your book(s) sound hilarious. I will be checking them out! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Addison, Suzanne, and Carlos! Addison, your books sound so fun! Now, to help myself to some Mexican food... and maybe a margarita... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join you with a margarita, Heather! :)

      Delete
  8. Right over there, Heather. We have strawberry, regular, blueberry, tutti fruiti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, blueberry and tutti fruiti? I've been hanging out with the wrong crowd! Thanks again for hosting me. I've had a wonderful time. ;)

      Delete
  9. Hi Everyone! It's Addison. Sorry I'm late for the party. You might have heard my head hitting the keyboard all day while I tried to comment from my iPhone. Epic. Fail. Carlos have any more Tex Mex? Thanks for all the comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Si. Peroneme, I'm writing from Suzanne's iPhone. Have some good Mexican champagne. It is ze best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun book! I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Addison, you and I might be sister's at heart! (...or taste buds!) Tiramisu? Candy bars and Bacon? Yep, I'd be lost at those too, especially in Ireland. That's my second most longed for vacation, Scotland being first on the list. :) Your books look fab, can't wait to check them out further.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And Addison, you should really check out April's book. I think you're probably very like minded in that category too. I'm reading it right now and it's so good. She's a very polished writer.

    ReplyDelete