Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Great Writing Process Blog Hop - My Turn



Today I’m participating in an awesome blog hop – My Writing Process. Last week I was tagged by Katie Carroll http://www.katielcarroll.com/blog , a fabulous writer whose novel, Elixir Bound, had me flipping pages long into the night. Boy, was I sorry the next day when I had to get up early. But it was worth it. Now it’s my turn to answer the famous four questions.

1)         What am I working on?
You know those horses with the great big hooves? Clydesdales? That’s me. I’m pulling huge loads finishing off the second of The Shadow of the Unicorn series. This one’s called The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Deception. It takes up sixty years after the last one when Icharus, a corrupt leader has changed the Legacy of Azaria to suit his needs. And you know what? He’s a total jerk. And I mean a complete meany. I won’t tell you more other than Ulysees must search for the truth and that they find Darius again. Sigh. I love Darius.



2)       How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I had a critique from some woman who said The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Legacy was the weirdest book she’d ever read because I mixed dinosaurs and unicorns, but that it worked really well. Need I say more?



3)       Why do I write what I do?
Because I’m possessed, that’s why. Whatever pops into my head, I write. Too fun.

4)       How does your writing process work?
Like I said, whatever pops in, goes down, but what a mess to fix up at the end. I have to go back and make sure everything is in place. Sometimes I have to extract several chapters out of order just to make sure there’s continuity. Hence I become the Clydesdale. Groan.

Here's the Booktrailer for The Legacy:

 

Well, there you have it. Next week, the blog tour continues with:

April Anne Erwin: Her novel, Dysfunction Junction, had me crying, laughing, and sighing. It’s so good.

Donna Patton: This lady is one fabulous writer and has several books out. My favourite so far is Rose Are Red, Diamonds are Blue. It’s a great mystery.

Stuart R. West: This guy totally cracks me up. I just loved his Tex the Witch Boy series. I laughed, I shivered, and I got really mad! His books deal with real live bullying that actually happened. 

And if you want to check out The Shadow of the Unicorn: The Legacy, here are the links.


Amazon:

Kobo:
Barnes and Noble:

Smashwords:

iBooks:

Muse It Up Publishing:



10 comments:

  1. Great answers, Suzanne! Can't wait to read the next Unicorn story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Suzanne! Your answers brought a smile to my face :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Looking forward to book #2. I love Darius, too.
    Heather G - The Natasha Saga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Suzanne. And for the reader who said your book was crazy? Well, yeah, maybe, but that's a lot of the charm! Toss in Bigfoot for me next book, will you? Kidding. And I like Darius, too. Icharus sounds fun. I love me a good bad guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always - great post! The trailer is fabulous, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I had fun writing this at 5 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because you're possessed - ha! I think I must be possessed, too. Sometimes I look at the screen and think "where'd I get that???"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too, Heather. And then I think, "How am I ever going to get out of this now?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answers, Suzanne! I love your writing process, and your Clydesdale analogy. Good luck with release of book two!

    ReplyDelete