Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Princess of Fairytale Writers - Mary Waibel





Ta-dum! I’m back! And Today, I’m welcoming Mary Waibel, author extraordinaire of fine YA Fantasy, The Princess of Valendria series. And readers, if you leave want to win a copy, do the Rafflecopter at the end of this blog, or if you're too busy, just leave a comment.


Mary, welcome! I’ve been seeing your books out there for a while and have peaked in on your blog several times, and now here you are, finally! Please tell us about the Princess of Valendria series. 

The Princess of Valendria series currently consists of QUEST OF THE HART, CHARMED MEMORIES, and DIFFERENT KIND OF KNIGHT.  They are companion novels, stand alone reads that follow different characters within the world of Valendria. However, there are slight spoilers if you read them out of order.

QUEST OF THE HART is a reverse Sleeping Beauty where the princess goes on the quest to rescue the prince.

CHARMED MEMORIES tells the tale of a prince searching for his missing princess and falling in love with the Guide helping him. While writing this, I always thought of it as a twist on THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER, given there's a case of mistaken identity in here, but with a twist in the ending, others have related it to another fairytale. I won't say which one as I don't want to ruin the surprise :-)


DIFFERENT KIND OF KNIGHT picks up at the end of CHARMED MEMORIES and tells of a prince who's lost everything and what he's willing to do for the princess he never thought he'd have a chance with.


That sounds like the sort of world I could totally get lost in. How did you come up with such ideas?


It all started when my husband's best friend told me I should write a story about the girly-girl going on the quest to save the prince. With each book, another character would emerge and demand I tell their story.

Do you have another book coming out soon?

FAERY MARKED, the first in a new series, will be releasing in May/June 2014 from BookFish Books. I'm also going to be releasing a novella this year, THE MYSTERY PRINCE, a twist on a Cinderella type tale.

I'm also working on a fourth book in the Valendria series (following Princess Arabella, the villainess from QUEST OF THE HART) as well as two more books in the FAERY series, another novella, and a couple YA romantic comedies.

What about your real life. I’m pretty sure you don’t live in a world with princesses and evil sisters, or at least I hope not. Or maybe you do…

Outside of writing, I'm an editor at BookFish Books, have a fulltime day job, and an almost teenage son who plays hockey and lacrosse. Needless to say from July (when summer hockey starts) to March (when the fall season ends) my husband and I are usually at the rink every Saturday and Sunday for games and practices. Then lacrosse kicks in. I'm not sure what that will be like this year, as he'll be playing modified at school, but I'm sure we'll be sitting at the field several times a week. But honestly, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Where can we buy your books?

My books are available through MuseItUp Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, iBooks, and most major retailers.


MuseItUp Publishing:
Amazon:

Barnes and Noble:

Kobo:

iBooks:



Could you please give us your blog link so we can read about what’s happening next?
http://marywaibel.blogspot.ca/

Thank you, Mary, for an awesome interview. Readers, don’t forget to do the Rafflecopter  for a chance to win a copy of one of Mary Waibel’s novels.




a Rafflecopter giveaway

11 comments:

  1. Suzanne- thanks so much for hosting me today. Hope you are staying warm and out of the snow. (We're expecting 6-10 inches here today into tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it would snow here. The other night we had a few flakes fall that quickly turned into rain. Fortunately it translated to snow on the ski hills.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Mary, I don't know how you fit all that writing in with everything else that you do! I really admire your hard work. Love the titles of all your books - the titles and the covers unite the whole them in a great way. Good luck with your releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Helena!

      I steal my writing moments where I can- sometimes I have to let other things drop to do it, but it all works out in the end.

      Delete
  3. Okay, now you got me. Tell me you live in some other world, where the day is forty eight hours!

    This post has been a tease, b/c I was so looking forward to reading your books (that I bought a few weeks ago), last night, but my download period expired! I'll have to sort this out with MIU -- I'm not giving up so quickly on your enchanting tales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's odd. They're not supposed to expire. Definitely talk to Muse. It should be in your account and you should be able to access them anytime.

      Delete
    2. LOL! Nope the usual 24. I juggle things around to accommodate what I need to do. Just know, my house isn't spotless, and my fridge is mostly bare!

      I'd get in touch with Muse on that. Suzanne's right. You should still have access. Let me know if you have any problems.

      Delete
  4. Wow, are you busy, Mary! I loved Quest of the Hart and look forward to your other books. YA romantic comedy, huh? Sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I do keep pretty busy, but don't let it fool you, I do get quiet time during the week (last night I enjoyed a bath and a book!)

      Just getting started on that YA romantic comedy now- thanks to some help from Twitter and FB for name suggestions.

      Delete
  5. I read Mary's first book. Wonderful author!!!!

    ReplyDelete