Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Three Short Stories To Sweeten Your Weekend





Today, we interview the lovely Penny Ehrenkranz. She has three short stories: Love Delivery, Lady In Waiting, and Mirror, Mirror that look really  fascinating.  Personally, I have my eye on Mirror, Mirror. Readers, leave a comment at the end of this blog for a chance to win one of Penny’s e-books.

Welcome, Penny. So nice to finally have the opportunity to interview you. Tell us about your three books, starting with the most recent.

Stephanie, first I want to thank you for inviting me to talk about my books on your blog.  I will pick one person who leaves a comment as the winner of one of my books.  I will send any one of the three featured today, so your readers need to let me know which of the three they would prefer to receive if chosen.

My three romance novels (available from MuseItUP Publishing) are all in different subgenres.  Mirror, Mirror is a time travel romance; Lady In Waiting is an historical romance, and Love Delivery is a contemporary romance.

Mirror, Mirror:




Lindsey Baker is intrigued by everything about the middle ages, but when she purchases an antique mirror and a costume to attend a Renaissance Faire, she suddenly finds herself transported back in time.  There she learns she’s been called by a witch to right a terrible wrong. 
Graham loves Prudence, but he can’t marry her because he’s landed gentry, and she is only the baker’s daughter.  Before Lindsey can return to her own time, she must convince Graham to marry against his father’s wishes.  Unfortunately, she also finds herself falling for the handsome gentleman.
Can she find her way back to her own time, or will she be stuck in a time when women had no rights?

Lady In Waiting:




Mabriona is cousin to the beautiful and spoiled Princess Alana.  When Alana is forced to marry a man she despises, Mabriona is torn between her loyalty to her cousin and her attraction to the handsome Prince Blayne.

Tragedy befalls the cousins on the way to Prince Blayne’s castle.  Servants, believing Mabriona to be Alana, refuse to listen when she tries to explain.

While she waits for Blayne to recover, Mabriona meets his equally handsome younger brother, Madoc, a bard.

When Blayne awakes, will Mabriona choose life with a future king, will she be sent home in disgrace because of her inadvertent lies, or will Madoc win her love with his poetry?

Love Delivery:




A waitress in a donut shop, Ann is happy with her single life and her cat, Mittens, until she finds herself interested in Tom, the handsome man who makes deliveries to the shop.  Unfortunately, Tom comes with some baggage, including five cats; Maria, his vicious ex-wife; and Maria’s adorable daughter he calls Kitten.  

When Maria is hired at the donut shop and learns Ann and Tom are beginning a relationship, she does everything she can to tear them apart.  Will Ann and Tom’s love prevail, or will the evil ex-wife win in the end?  Love Delivery is a sweet romance, which will bring tears to your eyes and a smile to your lips.

I can’t imagine going back to a time when women had no rights. Must have been tough.

I have to agree.  I used to think it would be fun to live in a different century, but the more I’ve read about different times, the more I enjoy living now. In the timeline of human history, it hasn’t been very long that women have had the right to vote, own property, and make their own choices.  At least not in Western civilization. I do know there are some cultures that are matriarchal and women have had more rights than men. 

Now that we know what you do in your ‘imagined’ life, I’d love to know what real life is like for you. You talk about cats in one of your novels, do you have one? 

I retired in 2008 from my position as Office Manager of our County District Attorney’s Office.  I thought I would have so much more time for my own writing, but now I wonder how I ever got anything done when I was working!  For several years after retiring, I did work as an editor for a couple of publishing houses, but this past winter, I “retired” again, and now, I only take on an occasional free lance editing job.

We do have animals.  Right now, we have two small dogs which are Lhasa Apso and Poodle mix: Ricky and Lucy.  At certain times in our married life, we have had over a dozen cats.  Now, we are down to just two: Loki and Tyra.  I can’t imagine not having animals in our home.  Over the years, we’ve had rabbits, birds, ducks, goats, fish, a turtle, and of course, there are always a couple of dogs and cats. Some of the stories Tom tells about his cats in Love Delivery are things our cats have done.  My children’s picture book, Boo’s Bad Day, is based on an event which happened to another of our cats during an ice storm.

We also have three grandchildren who are, naturally, adorable and ever so bright.  I love spending time with them and often watch the two who live nearby.  Until last November, I was primary caretaker for my 98-year-old mom, but we had to have help, and she now lives in a nursing facility where she is surrounded by her peers and lots of caring staff.

When I’m not gardening, I spend a lot of time reading, and I also enjoy crocheting and sewing crafts.

Where can we buy your books?

Mirror, Mirror, Love Delivery, and Lady in Waiting are all available at MuseItUP Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other online bookstores. (Links are above for MuseItUP’s bookstore.)

My children’s picture book: Boo’s Bad Day, is available from 4RV Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, online bookstores, and can be ordered for delivery to any brick and mortar bookstore.
My collection of short stories: A Past and A Future is available on Smashwords as an eBook and through Sam’s Dot Publishing as a print book

Thanks, Penny. It’s been charming to have you. I can’t wait to read your books.

24 comments:

  1. All three books sound wonderful
    Heather G - Natasha Saga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, if you're the winner, I'll be in touch to see if you have a preference.

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Suzanne, and thank you for the opportunity to share my books with your readers. I'll stop by again later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, if I won, I wouldn't know which to choose!
    Penny, you sound like quite the busy caregiver. My mother also divides her time between caring for her grandchildren and her 90-year-old mother. I'm sure she never thought that being retired would be so exhausting, but she loves it. :)
    Best of luck with all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, I know how your mom feels. I often wonder how I did it all when I was working! Of course, at that point, I wasn't watching the grandkids or taking care of my mom. Still it seemed I had more energy when I was younger and was able to get more done than I do now.

      Delete
  4. The three all sound interesting. If I had to choose, I'd go for Lady in Waiting, because I love historical romance and there's two heroes mentioned so the ending is a bit of a mystery as well. Good luck with them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlyn, thanks for stopping to comment. If you're the winner, LIW is yours.

      Delete
  5. I agree that all three sound great. I'd be torn between Lady In Waiting and Mirror, Mirror, with Lady having perhaps a slight edge. I also agree that while visiting the past might be intriguing, I don't think too many people, especially women, would like to live there. (Of course, a hundred years from now, people might say that about THIS time.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee, I think you're right. One hundred years from now, young people will think we were living in the dark ages. LOL. If you're the winner, LIW will be yours.

      Delete
  6. Personally, Mirror, Mirror appeals to me the most, although those donuts look so good on the third one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each of them has a special place in my heart for different reasons. FYI, the cover of Love Delivery won first place in Alternative Read's cover contest. Other people liked those donuts, too.

      Delete
  7. I have read Lady in Waiting and it was fabulous. If I am the lucky one, I want to read Love Delivery. It looks really good! Congrats on all your books, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, thank you for the kind words. It's always a thrill to hear a reader say she enjoyed my story. If you're the winner, LD is yours!

      Delete
  8. Thank you all for stopping in to learn about my MIU books. I'll pick a winner on Sunday and post the name here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a lucky one...I've received and read all three. They are ALL exceptionally good, and Penny? Penny you are one of the best. You are generous to other authors, like me; you are inspiring to other authors, like me, and you are a role model for other authors, like me, to emulate. Love you, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin, so much praise I don't really deserve, but I thank you anyway. You, my dear, are the inspiration and role model! Thank you for the kind words about my books. I always love to hear readers have enjoyed them.

      Delete
  10. A wonderful interview, ladies. Though I've known Penny for a while it's always fun to learn more about a person. I'm an animal lover too, but only have two cats, although I feed the deer, birds and other critters that stop by for a handout. Congrats on your books. All three are on my TBR list. When I get caught up, I hope to read them. I'd like to read Mirror, Mirror first, if I'm the luck winner. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev, it has been a long journey, with a lot of the same stops along the way during our trip to being published authors. Mirror, Mirror will be yours if you're the lucky winner.

      Delete
  11. Ooh, I just adore Penny's writing and these short stories look wonderful! It's hard to pick one to read too--maybe Love Delivery if I (fingers crossed) win?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Conda, thank you for the kind words. Love Delivery if you're the winner!

      Delete
  12. Drum Roll..... And the names are in the box. The box is shaken. Suzanne is the winner! Well, now, since it's Suzanne's blog, I'm going to pick a second winner. The box is shaken again, and Renee is also a winner.

    Suzanne and Renne, I'll email you to see what format you prefer for your books.

    Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving comments. This has been fun.

    ReplyDelete