Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Between Tweens Blog Hop

Today, Madeleine McLaughlin and I are taking part in the Between Tweens Blog Hop. Madeleine and I have become friends through our publisher, Muse It Up Publishing, and because we both writer for tweens. Here's her bio.
Madeleine McLaughlin
Madeleine McLaughlin lives in eastern Canada and has been writing for twenty years. At first, she published poetry and later moved into flash fiction and short stories. Her new e-book, Beggar Charlie, is to be released by MuseItUp Publishing in the summer of 2014.



What are your novels about?
I just write what interests me. My first with MuseItUp was a horror and now I've done a tween story. So far I haven't done any fantasy so I try to stick to what could happen logically.

Where on earth did you get such wonderful ideas?
Well, I've done a lot of reading about China so what's in the story, hopefully, is psuedo-accurate. I had to imagine much because, of course, there's no way to go back in time and see the walled cities. I just describe from reports of travelers back then.

Why do you enjoy writing for middle grade kids?
They're old enough to handle reality. A small child wants Leo the Lion to be like a person, whereas in MG you can have people acting like people do and it won't bother a tween child.
What's coming up next?
Beggar Charlie will be released this summer but beyond that I'm working on a story of a girl, another middle-grade.
I cant wait to read it. Where can we buy your books?

Now for those who don't know, Muse It Up Publishing offers free books in exchange for reviews. Also, if you order the book before it comes out, you can get a big discount. So go on over and become a member. It's well worth it.

Thanks, Madeleine. It's been great talking to you. And for anyone else, check out the other members of our mini blog hop.






12 comments:

  1. Great answers, Madeleine! Thanks for putting "between tweens" together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting interviews, ladies, on your mini-blog hop! A fun idea to do!

    Suzanne, you have a lovely home. I saw the photo of your house on a different post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea, everyone! Lovely answers, Madeleine. Good luck with Beggar Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeleine, your interest are certainly varied and your books sound interest. Best of luck, both of you, on your blog tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested in everything, thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  5. Madeleine, it sounds like you put a lot of work into your research! Its so interesting that you incorporated elements featured in travelers' reports.

    Good luck to all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madeleine, it was great to learn more about you and your books.

    ReplyDelete