Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Inbetween Tweens Blog Hop 2

Today, I continue with the Inbetween Tweens Blog Hop. And who do I have as my guest? None other than Heather Brainerd. And when you're done reading, go check out the other links to find some great tween novels. Here's Heather.



Bio:

Heather Fraser Brainerd has been writing since she was a child. After careers in both the insurance industry and early childhood education, she began writing again. Her published works include the YA paranormal romance Dream Shade and the first two books in the José Picada, PI series, Deception Al Dente and The Sound of Sirens. The José series, which is paranormal mystery for grown-ups, is co-written by Heather's brother, David Fraser. Heather and David's first MG novel, Shadows of New York, will be released in 2014.

What are your novels about?
My first middle grade novel, Shadows of New York, is about an eleven-year-old boy, Josh Cooper, who gets a new nanny. To his surprise, the nanny is a dude. But the male nanny – or “manny” – has an even bigger surprise in store for Josh. I don’t want to give too much away, but let’s just say that it’s a funny twist on the vampire/werewolf genre. This book was co-written with my brother, David Fraser.

Where on earth did you get such wonderful ideas?
The original idea for this book was sparked by a dream I had. Telling you too much about the dream would lead to spoilers. But I can tell you that I was really excited to tell Dave about the dream/idea, and we started writing the book soon after.

Why do you enjoy writing for middle grade kids?
Dave and I both have middle grade kids, so we know the audience (and their expectations) very well!

What's coming up next?
Shadows of New York will release this year (date TBD). Dave and I have two books to finish up for our José Picada, P.I. series (paranormal mysteries for grown-ups), and will then turn our focus back to Josh Cooper’s world.

Where can we buy your books?
Shadows of New York doesn’t have a preorder link yet, but you can find my other books at:






Twitter: https://twitter.com/HFBrainerd

So there you have it. Watch for Heather's middle grade novel Shadows of New York. And in the meantime, check out the rest of the Between Tweens Blog Hop.






10 comments:

  1. Shadows of New York sounds a fabulous book, Heather! And I love the title, as I do all your titles. Looking forward to release. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helena! We just finished our second round of edits, so I'm hoping we'll get a tentative release date soon.

      Delete
  2. Suzanne, thanks for hosting me. This blog hop is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Great shot of you, BTW.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! My husband is a photographer, so I have lots of author photos to choose from - though I hate having my picture taken! :)

      Delete
    3. Wow! That must sure come in handy.

      Delete
  3. Great interview, Heather and Suzanne. Shadows of New York sounds exciting! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I'm really excited for this one to come out! It's our favorite (Dave and I) so far.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes, dreams are amazing. It's so neat when that little voice speaks to you, telling you his/her story. Congratulations on your latest book, Heather and David. Very interesting interview.

    ReplyDelete