Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, April 28, 2014

The KFC Kids' Story - A Class Tale

Last Friday, I had the privilege and honour of taking part in Seaforth Elementary School's Spirit Day where I taught writing classes to some very talented students. During our class, we created a class story where anyone could call out the next line. The result was three hilarious tales. Today, I am posting the class story of my first group, The KFC Kids. 



     Once upon a time, there lived a pig who had wings and a bunny tail, and whenever he laughed, he ate pies. But he had a problem – he was about to be turned into bacon. 

     One day, there was a knock at the door. He shot behind a large box and called out, “Please don’t turn me into bacon. I’m innocent.”

     “Bak, bak,” said the person at the door. “Hi, Alfred. Are you ready for our playdate?”

     The pig cried out, his voice shrill. “No! Someone’s coming to kill me with an axe!”

     “Aw, come on,” said the chicken. “Come with me.”

     “No!” said Alfred, wiggling his bunny tail furiously.

     “Fine then, party pooper,” said the chicken and flew away.

     A few minutes later, he heard another knock, soft this time.

     Alfred looked around until he saw that the coast was clear. He tiptoed to the door and opened it ever so slowly.

     A unicorn stood behind the door. His eyes flashed a blood red that matched his horn.
“Bwa-ha-ha-ha!” he said. 

     Alfred tilted his head to the side and said, “Do you have allergies? Your eyes are all red.”

     “Maybe,” said the unicorn in a suspicious voice.

     Alfred shivered. There was something really wrong. “Are you here to kill me?”

     The unicorn raised his eyebrows. “No. I’m here to protect you.”

     A moment later, a ninja darted out swinging his machete. “Hi-ya!” he said.

     The unicorn sprang into action, swinging his horn left and right. “Take that, you fiend!”

     “And that.” Alfred said, leaping to his side.

     Then, in a horrible twist, the unicorn took off his suit. He was the farmer!

     “I’m gonna get you!” he said, his evil eyes glinting at Alfred.

     “Oh, no you don’t,” said the pig, taking a wild leap out of the way, just in time.

     Well you probably wonder what happened next? Alfred lost his wings and bunny tail, but later found new members of his species and became one of the very famous Three Little Pigs. But that’s another story…

Well, that's it! Gave me a chuckle, that's for sure. In a couple of days, I'll post The Citizen's Story!

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Suzanne! Very creative! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very fun. I chuckled all the way through the story as the kids created it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminded me of some of the stories written by Rat in the "Pearls Before Swine" comic strip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuckling. Kids are so inventive. Kudos to you for coaxing out their imaginations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have to try too hard. They were great.

      Delete