Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Oh Goody, Another Handsome Prince Tale



She’s done it again. Mary Waibel has released yet another book. And readers, if you leave a comment, you may win a copy of it! Mary, please do tell!  


 The Mystery Prince, a novella 


Book Blurb:
Tristan enjoys being in the shadows as Prince Rand's bodyguard. Similar in looks, the two often exchanged places in their youth, but he never expected the king to order him to impersonate the heir to the throne in order to win the hand of a princess.

Princess Zoe needs to find a husband. After a year of searching with no success, her father insists on hosting a masquerade ball for the eligible princes of the nine kingdoms. Not one prince piques her interest, until she meets the mysterious stranger who won't tell her his name.

When Tristan meets Zoe he finds the girl of his dreams. The only problem? She's a princess and he's impersonating a prince―a crime punishable by imprisonment and floggings. Unable to tell Zoe his real name, he gives her a special navigation device. One that leads to the owner's true love. Will this magic device lead Zoe to Tristan, or will her true love forever remain a mystery prince?

 
That sounds wonderful! I can’t wait to read it. Where did you get the idea for this? 

It originally started as a short story for an anthology collection with stories themed around a compass like device. As I'd written a few twists on fairy tales already, I decided to take Cinderella and twist that, using the compass-like device in place of the shoe, a bodyguard in place of the poor waif, and a princess in place of the prince. And, just like that, THE MYSTERY PRINCE was born. Of course, I toyed with making the title something more like CINDERFELLA, but with a masquerade ball, THE MYSTERY PRINCE just seemed to fit better.

Can you briefly tell us about your other novels? 

I'd love to! The PRINCESS OF VALENDRIA series are three companion novels that available through MuseItUp publishing  (http://museituppublishing.com). QUEST OF THE HART is a reverse Sleeping Beauty where the princess goes on the quest to save the prince. CHARMED MEMORIES is the story of a prince searching for his lost love, only to fall in love with the guide helping him. But deadly secrets may cost him more than his love.  DIFFERENT KIND OF KNIGHT is a tale of a prince fighting to find his destiny after his world has collapsed around him.

And so what’s next?

This summer, the first book in my FAERY series will release from BookFish Books. (http://bookfishbooks.com) FAERY MARKED tells the story of a Human girl chosen to prevent a dangerous curse from bringing war to the Human and Faery realms.
I also have another novella in the works, as well a romantic comedy, and the next two books in the FAERY series. Of course, more ideas keep piling up by the minute, and one day I will get to them, too!

 
Where can we buy your books, especially this last one?

The PRINCESS OF VALENDRIA series books are available at MuseItUp Publishing, Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Kobo, iTunes, Smashwords, and most other retailers. FAERY MARKED will be available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

THE MYSTERY PRINCE is currently only available at Amazon.

For links and updated vendors, please refer to the Books tab on my author page (http://marywaibel.blogspot.com/p/books.html), or sign up for my newsletter for upcoming specials, contests, sneak peeks, and special offers only available there!

Oh, and you can find me around the internet here:


Thank you, Mary. This looks so good. Readers, don’t forget to leave a comment for a chance to win a copy of Mary Waibel’s THE MYSTERY PRINCE.

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing the new book, Suzanne and Mary. It sounds like a great read. I wish you the best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, thanks so much for hosting me today and helping me spread the word about this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. BTW, I just bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are so sweet! Thanks!! I hope you really enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. Sounds another super read, Mary! Love the title and cover (I've downloaded a copy already, so don't need a free copy :) ) Congrats on all your releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support, Helena! I LOVE the cover Charlie came up with. As always, I think she did a great job!!!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your latest book, Mary. I love stories with a mystery in them. A prince and princess too. Your other books sound great as well. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful interview. One of my novels came about the same way. I saw a movie and knew I could do better. Congratulations, Mary. Thanks, Suzanne. Nice looking new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joylene. Inspiration is everywhere!

      Delete
  7. Dang, Mary....what a talent! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. **blushes** I have to give Charlie credit for the looks. She did an amazing job with the cover.

      Delete
    2. If it's only available at Amazon, does that mean there isn't a Kobo friendly (epub) version? I read some of your other stories and loved them, but I can't read Kindle. :-(

      Delete
  8. Hilary:

    Because I'm doing the KDP program, it is only available through Amazon right now. But, if you aren't the lucky winner of a copy here, send me an e-mail and I'll see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought the book. It sounds like a fun read.

    Congrats on all books you've written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Leona! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete