Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Science Fiction and Romance - Margaret Fieland


It’s been a long time since I’ve had Margaret Fieland as a guest on my blog. Margaret writes very imaginative science fiction stories. Readers, leave a comment at the end of this blog for a chance to win a copy of one of Margaret Fieland’s novels.

It’s good to see you again, Margaret. I noticed you have a couple of new books out since the last time we spoke. Please do tell.

Thanks Suzanne. Here's the blurb for Broken Bonds:


Romance with aliens? A treason accusation? Brad Reynolds has his hands full. When Major Brad Reynolds is assigned to head the Terran Federation base on planet Aleyne, the last thing he expects to find is love, and certainly not with one of the alien Aleyni. How can he keep his lover, in the face of political maneuvering and of Ardaval's feelings for his former partners -- and theirs for him?

And here’s the one for Geek Games:


When fourteen-year-old Martin lets Tom, a charismatic bully, persuade him to bring down the spaceport computer network, he never considers someone will place a bomb resulting in the death of his friend's father. Nothing will bring Captain Frey back, but if Martin can help locate the terrorists' drug lab, perhaps he'll be able to forgive himself.

That sounds fantastic. I don’t know where or how you come up with all these ideas. Your imagination never quits.

So what’s next?

I'm working on book four in the Aleyne series, and I'm almost done. The main character in this one is Colonel Robert (Rob) Walker, the man who arrests Brad Reynolds, the main character in Broken Bonds, for treason. This time the focus is the political situation. The treaty between the Aleyni and the Terran Federation is up for renewal. Rob ends up in charge of the Federation base on Aleyne after he arrests Brad, and he ends up holding the bag on the treaty negotiations. Since neither the Terrans nor the Aleyni are willing to compromise, the prospects for success appear dim. And the price of failure will be war, a war where both sides could suffer horrible losses.

There is also a romantic subplot. Rob has two wives. His marriage is troubled, and he's also in love with his best friend, Captain Reuben Tyler. Rob is unwilling to admit, even to himself, how much he wants Reuben.  Rob has his hands full.

Many of the characters from the previous novels appear in this book.

Now where can we buy your books?

Here's my author page on Amazon:

and on MuseItUp Publishing:


Thanks, Margaret. I will certainly be reading snuggling down with one of your books in some corner of my bedroom on a different planet. Whoops…what? Did I really say that? Readers, leave a comment so you can win one of Margaret Fieland’s ebooks.


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview, Suzanne and Margaret, and a look at the books. I agree with what Suzanne said, Margaret, your imagination must never stop to come up with so many unique ideas. Can you give us a little insight as to how you come up with them? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, I agree with Matt and Suzanne about your super imagination! I love the sound of your fourth Aleyne series book. What a tangled web, and how intriguing! Wishing you the best of luck with your releases - and many more ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyable interview, Suzanne and Margaret. Thank you! Margaret, your books sound intriguing. So much imagination! I love it! Best wishes.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, as to the first book, I created the universe of the Aleyni for "Relocated." Then for Broken Bonds, that came out of a question about back story I asked myself in Relocated: what happened to Ardival's partners, because in Relocated he's living alone. The answer ended up as a single line in Relocated -- and Broken Bonds, when I couldn't stop thinking about said partners and how and why they and Ardaval broke up.

    As to Geek Games, there were some loose ends with respect to the bad guys in Relocated, and that together with what happened with Martin after he took down the port computer network led to Geek Games.

    The fourth book came from my musing about Colonel Rob Walker. In a previous incarnation of Broken Bonds, I had Keth as the main character, and there was a bit at the end where we see Walker and Brad at a reception. I dropped that version and rewrote it completely with Brad as the main character, but Walker and his troubles stayed with me and I ended up writing the book.

    As you may gather, my characters pretty much refuse to let me alone. I'm always musing about what happens AFTER the book ends.

    There's a lot of political stuff in the book I'm working on now (tentative title is Rob's Dilemma), even more than in Broken Bonds. Politics fascinates me. My father was an attorney, and he had a very close friend, Samuel J. Silverman, who ended up as a judge. Sammy was the attorney who got Joe Papp the right to put on free Shakespeare in Central Park. I got to listen to a lot about politics and the law -- from the inside -- growing up. A lot of that ends up in my novels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean when characters won't leave you alone. You have a great creative relationship with them!! Best wishes on your new projects and continued success with your writing career.

    ReplyDelete