Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, August 25, 2014

You Won't Find a Better Suspense Series Than This - The NADIA Project

Today, I have the great honour of interviewing Cyrus Keith, author of award-winning Becoming Nadia. I can’t begin to tell how many people I have recommended this book to, all of whom came back saying they couldn’t put it down. I’ve heard many complaints about bestsellers that were so boring people couldn’t finish them, but not this one. Even my own brother, Charles, thought it was fantastic and went on to read the whole series. Readers, leave a comment for a chance to win one of Cyrus’ intriguing novels.


Cyrus, welcome. Please tell us about your books.

Oh, holy cow, where do I start? The NADIA Project is a white-knuckle thrill ride that also touches on deep subjects. I hesitate to use the word “philosophical” because it’s getting so clichéd, but for lack of a better term, we’ll go there.
Nadia Velasquez is my main character, and the trilogy follows her throughout her life , from the day she first wakes in an Oregon hospital, to finish like a bullet in the very heart of a secret cabal of Kingmakers called “The Pinnacle.”

I really loved Becoming Nadia. How did you ever dream up such an idea?



Strange that you should use the term “Dream,” because that’s exactly what happened. I had a dream where I met Nadia, and in the course of our conversation, I became aware of what would happen when anyone set off the trigger device in her eye. Then she looked at me with tears in her eyes and sobbed, “But I don’t want to die.” The emotion in the situation struck me like a Mack truck in rush hour, and I woke right up and wrote it down.

Tell us about the award it won. You must have been so excited.

Yes, I’m totally geeked. I first heard about the EPIC Awards not long before MuseItUp Publishing accepted my manuscript for Becoming NADIA. I did some research and found that EPIC (The Electronic Publishers Industry Coalition) was founded as an offshoot of the Romance Writers Association, and their mission was to improve the quality of electronically published books. Their members include Best-Sellers like Renee Holt, and publishers like Wild Child, Gypsy Rose, and MuseItUp. So with a line-up like that, you can bet there’s some prestige involved.

So I submitted my little baby for the 2012 Awards Program. The voting is all by industry professionals, so to me that punches it beyond the realm of a simple popularity contest. The work has to have some meat on its bones, if you know what I mean.
I nearly fell out of my chair when I found out that Becoming NADIA was a finalist for Best Thriller/Suspense novel, and I was also happy I didn’t submit it to the Science Fiction Queue after I found out that Rhobin Courtwright’s awesome epic Crewkin made it through as well.

So I went to San Antonio, Texas, and attended the banquet, and when my name was called, I was just numb. It was very cool to have my first published novel win like that. I knew it was good, and to have it weighed against other more seasoned writers and come out as “best” was an experience like no other.

So now, tell us about the real you. Do you have a day job? Children?

I have an awesome wife and four children at home, the youngest now eighteen and a senior in high school. During the day, I work as a radio systems technician on corporate jets. I play guitar and bass guitar on my worship team, and I’m not opinionated at all. Just ask anyone who knows me. On second thought, don’t. They don’t know me as well as they think.

So what’s coming up next?

After Critical Mass, I really thought The NADIA Project was complete. But not long ago, the voice of Jenna Paine started whispering in my head that there was more to the story. So that will be in the works, as soon as I finish my current project, a kind of “Dr. Who Meets Dexter” time travel thriller called Tempus Fugitive. But after that, I promise more from Jon, Jenna, Hushi and Bunny.

And where can we buy your fabulous books?





That is the awesome news. All my books and eBooks are available (of course) through my publisher at http://museituppublishing.com/bookstore/index.php/our-authors/61-our-authors/authors-k/181-cyrus-keith.

You can also find me at Barnes and Noble Online:

and at Amazon:

My work is also available at the Apple Store, Diesel, Smashwords, and just about every digital eBook outlet you can think of

It’s been great talking to you, Cyrus. Readers, don’t forget to leave a comment for a chance to win one of Cyrus Keith’s ebooks.

I tell you what; I’ll do you one better. I’ll also send the winner a signed cover print of any of my books they choose. Sound good?

Wow! It does indeed! Charles? Did you hear that? lol

Thanks so much for having me, Suzanne. It’s been a real pleasure.

The pleasure’s been mine.


13 comments:

  1. Great post and interview! Wow, Cyrus, you are one busy dude! The book sounds fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has read I believe three of Cyrus' Nadia novels. He enjoys the series.

    I have the first Nadia novel on my very high pile of books to be read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me try that again. I suggest you move it to the top of your pile. You won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. I suggest you move it to the pile of the pile. You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all! You know, Susan, there is a fourth book in the series. If you win, that might be something to shoot for. And than your husband for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill read 1, 2, and 4. He hasn't read 3 - Critical Mass. Since 4 is a prequel, he didn't think it mattered if he read it out of order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfectly fine. As a matter of fact, several fans who did read them in that order said it was even better that way, though Lies and Paine is a side companion, and it doesn't really matter when it comes in the grand scheme of things.

      Delete
  6. Great blog post. From one non-opinionated person to another, congrats on getting so many books out and published.
    A huge congrats on the EPIC award. I salute you.
    H Greenis - The Natasha Saga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome blog post Cyrus, I just moved your NADIA Project books to the top of my list. The blurb great, Congrats on the EPIC award for Best Thriller/Suspense novel.
    Thanks for the cool contest.

    Mindy :)
    Birdsooong@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Mindy! I really believe you'll enjoy them as much as everyone else has. Good luck to everyone in the giveaway! As soon as Suzanne has a winner, we'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover is fascinating...haunting, if you will. Good luck with the series.
    Judy Joyce Winn

    ReplyDelete