Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Unicorns Chatting - Watch Out!


I’m so please today to interview a fellow unicorn lover and writer, S.L. Carlson. I just finished reading her newest release, War Unicorn, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Readers, here’s your chance to win an e-book copy simply by leaving a comment at the end of the blog.



But wait…Oh my gosh, two unicorns just arrived on the scene. (Sound of thundering hooves.) Why, Azaria is that you?



Azaria: Yes, ‘tis I. (Dust in the air settling.) And who might this other creature be? Surely it can’t be another unicorn?

Neighbour: (eyeing Azaria sideways through only one eye) I appear to be dreaming, for there are no other unicorns I know of…at least whom I have seen in hundreds of years.

Azaria: Where on earth did you come from?

Neighbour: Earth? I do not know of this place you call earth. My boy, Reg, calls me Neighbour because he fails at pronouncing our language well enough to say my whole name. He and I live in Farhnar, far from anything familiar I see around here. We do not have these strange metal buildings and wheeled transportations.

Azaria: But why do I not know of you? I know all the unicorns in existence. After all, it was I who began the Legacy of Azaria 12,000 years ago.

Neighbour: You? I seem to remember your name from when I was a colt. But I do not know my age. I have lived most of my life spell-bound by an evil magician inside a ring.
Azaria: An evil magician inside a ring?

Neighbour: (eyes Azaria sideways once more) Yes. Someday I shall be released from my tether and I shall find my clan. (Raising head and shaking mane with the stomp of a hoof.) Whether mare, stallion or gelding, I have been trained as a soldier and have slain more of the king’s enemy than I could ever count.

Azaria: Well, I dare believe you be one of my descendants then if you be so brave. (Turning to S.L.) And where may I find this fair tale of yours?

S.L.: (biting her lower lip, and glancing nervously at the unicorns, not wanting to offend Neighbour) The eBook is found on Muse and Nook and Sony and many others, here is the Amazon link for you: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV8VDYG  or you could also find out more on my website, www.sandycarlson.com.

Azaria and Neighbour: Hunh?

Azaria: I know not what she speaks of, do you?

Neighbour: (He shrugs.) Neigh. Care to go for a wee gallop?

Azaria: Why, don’t mind if I do.  (Sound of thundering hooves.)


So all ends well. I was a bit afraid there might be a battle, but there it goes to show you how noble be unicorns! Readers, if you dare, leave a comment, you could win an ebook copy of S.L. Carlson’s most enjoyable story, War Unicorn. This holiday season, give the gift of reading to your tween.

13 comments:

  1. What fun, unicorns meeting. They're such fascinating creatures. Wouldn't it be fun if live unicorns were discovered in some wild jungles or other unexplored areas. I think these stories would make a good movie.
    Congratulations on your book, Sl L. And congratulations on your print copy, Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it if they actually found the remains of unicorns. And yes, they would both make good movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your brought friendly unicorns to the blog. Great job.
    HGreenis- The Natasha Saga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! 'tis true we were privileged to listen to unicorns exchange conversation. I really wanted to touch their horns, but I guess I'm too shy. What a great post to bring a smile to my face on this dreary cold day. Thank you. Best wishes on your new release SL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to touch a unicorn's horn right now just to get rid of this scratchy throat I've been suffering with for over a week.

      Delete
  5. For some reason, this blog put the song, "Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly lollipop" in my brain with unicorn replacing the word lollipop. "Unicorn, unicorn, oh uni unicorn." We writers are a strange bunch, eh? But you both wrote about unicorns, and that is way cool. Can't wait to read both books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, rachel, you are so funny. But these unicorns are not sweet little things. They're really warriors.

      Delete
  6. For some reason I can't post my replies any more. Will try later. Love the lollipop song. Please be shy around unicorns and don't touch their horns. And maybe we don't look hard enough to see them today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying a second time to comment......

    LOVE Unicorns, and this was a cute Interview!

    Happy Reading Hugs, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are an interesting bunch, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete