Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Watch Out for Them Thar Dragons!

Today, I’m interviewing author Paul Smith. I’ve never met Paul before so this should be interesting, although I’m worried what might come with him. I heard there were draconauts? (Like, what are they? Shiver, shiver.) And readers, if you leave a comment, you might win an e-book copy of one of his books (but please be careful).


So, ah, Paul, ah welcome. (Looking around.) Um, are you alone? No monsters or anything?

No, no monsters. I can’t promise things will stay that way, but we are safe for now.

Phew! Okay, now that I know we’re safe, can you tell us about your newest novel?


Sure! Jason and the Draconauts addresses what would happen if dragons come back in the 21st century. It is a mash up of fantasy, technology, magic, humor, teenage angst, mystery and a good, old-fashion struggle against an ancient evil.

Wow! What an imagination!

Why, thank you! I certainly try.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Like are you just a normal guy (I hope, I hope) or do you have secret powers we should watch out for?

I’m fairly normal, although I do have a keen ability to make my kids roll their eyes at me whenever I want. I work in a facility for mentally ill and seriously emotionally disturbed youth as my real job. I have a wife and two kids.

What other books have you written? (Should I be worried?)

No other books, per se, but I have done several weekly serials on fan fiction sites. My most recent was a superhero story that brought in over 20,000 views. It wrote a chapter a week for three and a half years until it was done.

So where can we buy your books? (I do hope it’s some place normal, and not in a cave or something.)

I suppose it would be possible that my book is available in a cave or a shack somewhere in upstate New York, but you can get it on Amazon and at the Createspace.com store as well.

Amazon (to purchase)

And here are more links where you can find Paul Smith if you don't mind sharing a spot with a dragon.

Twitter:
Facebook:
Blog:


So there you have it folks. Leave a message if you dare to enter into the world of Paul Smith. (I’m going to. I kind of can’t resists, though my knees are knocking together pretty loud.)

Come to the dark side, Suzanne. We have cookies! Wait! Oh no, see, a monster DID follow me in! I don’t know what you are going to do, but I am going to run, shrieking like a toddler.




3 comments: