Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Welcome to the world of unicorns.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

New Book by David Fraser - Dragon-Kitty!



Meet David Fraser, a wonderful author who writes books in conjunction with his sister, Heather Fraser Brainerd. Together, they’ve come up with wonderful titles like, Deception al Dente, Act of Abduction, and Shadows of New York. But David’s finest hour has to come to light with his upcoming solo book, The Dragon-Kitty!


Welcome, David. Please tell us all about your new novel. I mean, how original can you get in a time of vampires, soul eaters, and ghosts? Who could have ever dreamed up a dragon-kitty?

Ah, Suzanne, you flatter me. Originality isn't too difficult. The key is to string random words together until your kids give you the ‘what in the world are you talking about?’ look. As for the book, I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'll just say that it's a tale of a beat cop's life turned upside down when something happens. Then he has to do some stuff and other things happen. The surprise ending is when he finds out that his partner is actually the local mafia boss.

Wow! That sounds like movie material! Now, why a dragon-kitty? Do you have a psychotic cat with ADHD, or have you been scratched so badly it almost feels like a burn? Please do tell. (Personally, I’m a dog person.)

Our house definitely skews catward. Over the last twenty years or so, my wife and I have had nine cats (no more than four at a time) and one dog, although there are a few neighborhood dogs that like to hang out in our yard. We don't mind it too much, but the cats tend to stay inside when there's a 100 pound Newfoundlander in our back yard. Our dog is a Yorkie, so he's not that big and scary. Heck, we have a cat bigger than he is. I seem to have gotten sidetracked from the question. Let's see what was it? Right, the dragon kitty. As I was saying, I don't remember how I came up with it. It just appeared in my imagination.


Do you have any experience with dragons? Apparently one of my ancestors slayed a dragon. Not sure I believe it, but it makes for a great story.

Well, one of my ancestors was a dragon. He was just walking down the street one day, minding his own business, when some guy jumped out of the bushes and killed him. They never did catch the guy. Your ancestor didn't happen to live near Aberdeenshire, Scotland, around 1352, did he?

Oh, my gosh. Heck, no! This guy lived in France. (Phew!) Anyway, I’m really looking forward to reading this really…um…unusual book. I’m sure it’ll be just the thing I’ll need after watching The Conjuring or The Shining. I mean, who couldn’t love a dragon-kitty? You’d have to be a monster.

Yeah, I guess. Here’s my Book Blurb:

Union City, New Jersey, police officer Jack Rockcastle had it all. A part-time job as a professional football player, the singing voice of an angel, and the love of a good woman. All that changed in one fell swoop when something swooped down and fell on him. It wasn't a dragon. It wasn't a kitty. It was something...in between. When Union City falls apart and old loyalties are tested, Jack Rockcastle has only his wits and his new feline friend to rely upon. Can Jack Rockcastle overcome all kinds of adversity and do some really cool stuff to save the day? Probably. It wouldn't be a very good book if he couldn't.

Hahaha! Sounds like a great read. Where can I pick up a copy?

Until The Dragon-Kitty is universally available, please content yourself with some of my prior works, which can be found at:



and


Okay, thanks David, for a … um … really interesting interview.



13 comments:

  1. I love how the concept for The Dragon-Kitty is ever-evolving. This version is my favorite thus far. Looking forward to release day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Suzanne and David! David, you either make me smile or laugh out loud when reading your interviews. I like the cover of The Dragon-Kitty, the book blurb, your thoughts and wit.

    If indeed this is a real book, when will it be released?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The release date is yet to be determined. There has been a long string of delays. For some reason, my editors keep having breakdowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the delays in publishing, Dave! I feel so honored to have read an early advance copy of The Dragon-Kitty! Jack Rockcastle is truly a hero for the new millennium! You forgot to mention how he can hold a baby in one hand, down a shot of whiskey with the other and kick-box a mugger down the block! Dang! Yet, he's sensitive, too! He shed a tear when he knocked out the mugger's two front teeth, worried about his dental bill. In prison.

    Can't recommend The Dragon-Kitty enough! You'll cry, you'll laugh, you'll check your heart-rate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now you've done it. I simply can't wait another minute. You are so lucky, Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, how come Stuart West is so special he gets to read the Dragon Kitty? And we are all panting with anticipation for the book...kind of. What say you? Huh? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some might say that Stuart West is so unfortunate he is forced to read The Dragon-Kitty. That's probably what he'd say.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, JQ. Personally, I'm breathing fire in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, Dave mentioned problems with the publishing end. I kinda think one of the problems might be that during three interviews on his tour, this is the third The Dragon-Kitty cover I've seen. Even thought the artwork is absolutely STELLAR. If I saw any of them at a bookstore? I'd certainly turn around. Maybe twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, The Dragon-Kitty is having a difficult birth. I think it might be time to call for an emergency c-section.

      Delete
  9. I think I might run, screaming, even if the kitty is kind of cute.

    ReplyDelete